Estate and wealth planning can raise sensitive issues. Our lawyers act as both legal advisors and trusted counselors, helping clients leverage financial and legal tools to achieve their personal, family, business, and charitable goals.
LA Tax Law provides guidance on income and estate tax planning, business succession planning, financial planning, asset protection planning, risk management, and retirement planning.
Our clients, who come from diverse backgrounds and situations, include executives, private investors, family trusts, closely-held business owners, and philanthropists. We look at the big picture of each client’s overall financial planning, often working with their accountants, investment managers, and other professional advisors. Our plans are designed to be flexible, and we assist clients in adapting and responding to unforeseen family and business issues, economic conditions, and ever-changing tax laws.
We have extensive experience across all dimensions of wealth transfer, asset protection, and estate planning matters. Our work includes the following areas:
Tax and Estate Planning
- Asset protection
- Living trusts
- Testamentary trusts
- Gift and estate tax preparation
- Individual income tax preparation and planning
- Fiduciary income tax preparation and planning
- Generation-skipping trusts and tax planning
- Qualified personal residence trusts
- Grantor retained annuity trusts
- Trust administration
- Family limited partnerships, LLCs, and other corporate structures
- Intra-family sales
- Minimization of transfer taxes
- Changes of residency planning
Family Business Succession Planning
- Electing small business trusts
- Qualified Subchapter S trusts
- Shareholder and buy/sell agreements
- Formation and maintenance of corporate entities
- Transition to next-generation owners
- Income tax implications
- Charitable remainder and lead trusts
- Family foundations
- Donor-advised funds
- Tax audits and litigation (federal and state)
- Will contests
- Trust litigation
- Estate and trust accountings
- Insurance Planning
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Split-dollar plans
- Beneficiary designations
- Analysis of life, disability, and long-term care insurance
Marital Property Planning
- Pre- and post-marital agreement
- Titling of assets
Elder Law/Disability Planning
- Governmental benefits
- Special needs trusts
- Long-term care planning
- Property powers of attorney
- Healthcare powers of attorney
- Qualified and nonqualified retirement plans
- Deferred compensation
- Retirement distribution planning
- Stock option issuance and exercise
FORMER IRS ATTORNEY
The law firm is led by former IRS tax attorneys that represented the IRS, as its own tax attorney, for over 8 years. This team of attorneys can create a winning tax strategy for clients with almost any financial situation or concerns.
HONESTY AND INTEGRITY
LA Tax Law's credo is honesty, integrity and strategy. we simply produce results! If we can't find a solution for you we will point you in the right direction to.
WE WILL REPRESENT YOU!
The experienced and average taxpayer finds dealing with the various options mostly intimidating, frustrating, and extremely time-consuming…..we are here to make sure that you are in the best possible situation you can be, for today and the future.
THE EXPERIENCE TO WIN
The IRS is an overly striated government entity. Creating the best tax strategy requires navigation skills to start, patience to follow, and intimate knowledge of current laws, statutes, and codes. This is our experience and expertise.